Monday, April 20, 2009

Mr. Adams' Diary: 1st Entry

Dear Diary,

It's 3:43pm on April 20th. It's also the first day of the lock-in. The children are gone, my fellow lock-in-ers are in their rooms, other teachers are still here, too, but I know they will leave. Then it will be me, Peters, and Crawford. I wonder how dark it gets at night? Shoot! Diary, I forgot my nightlight!

That brings me to my next problem: where to sleep? Right now I'm considering the couch in the library or the couch in Ms. Pierson and Ms. Alexander's room. I'll probably just flip a coin, but it'll be awhile before I'm going to crash for the night so I'm not going to worry now.

Hold on.

Okay, I just double-checked my provisions. I have two(!) bags of Sun Chips, some cans of soup, a frozen pizza, tea, raviolis, and--this will be a total surprise to my students--plenty of bread and pb&j! Good. I think I'm good on the food end.

Diary, I'm glad the students here at Southeast worked so hard on the LEAP, but, boy, this is really a doozy of a bet we made! Five days in the school without leaving!

Well, wish me luck--I'll write in you later.

And remember, Diary, this is only between you and me.

-Mr. Adams